My favourite makeup products



Makeup is very important to me, it makes me feel good when I'm feeling down, it makes me feel more confident and it makes me look more human to the people around me. I've been wearing makeup since I was 13 years old and there's hardly a day when I leave the house without some sort of make up on, whether it's concealer or a lipstick. When I know I looks good I can concur anything ;)
So here is a list of my current favourite makeup pieces and why I love them...




Revolution Highlighter Palette

If you're obsessed with highlight then you're gonna need a palette like this. I got this for my birthday and I love it! The purple highlight is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It's gorgeous on your cheekbones, leaving a shimmery purple sheen when it hits the light. Along with the purple there's also a golden highlight and a peachy pink one, which also I love and use regularly.It's perfect for going out at night or for when you just want to shine during the day, it's just subtle enough but when it catches the light is makes your whole face glow. I highly recommend this product as it's completely amazing, easy to purchase from Superdrug and incredibly pried at only £8 and comes with a decent sized mirror. I'll definitely get it's use out of it. 





MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer

For this super cheap highstreet brand, you never would have though that their lip lacquer would be this amazing. It's a perfect consistency and comes in some amazing shades and lasts all day long. I own four colour, Firecracker, Moxie, Dash and Kooky, and love them all.This £3 quick dry lip product is matte finish and smudge proof, although if you're scoffing food in your mouth it may smudge a little bit, I also wouldn't recommend kissing anyone because this stuff will get all over their face and won't be too fun to get off (trust me I've done this). Highly recommend this lip product, I plan on buying all of them in the near future. 





Collection Bronze Glow Shimmering Bronzer 

Bronzer is something I only recently started using and i'm starting to see why people love using it. It adds colour and subtle shimmer to my face, as my skin is quite pale it's easy for me to look like a vampire. This bronzer is a buildable powder product that can make your face pop and glow even when it's not the summer months. It comes in two shades, light and medium and is perfect for adding any contour to your cheeks. As this is the only bronzer I've ever used i can't really compare it to anything but it definitely does the job for me, so if you're maybe new to makeup and want to test out some products, I recommend this affordable, subtle bronzing powder. 



NYX Vivid Brights EyeLiner 

I love doing crazy things with my makeup sometimes, especially things that make my eyes stand out, and the NYX vivid brights eyeliner definitely does that. The vibrant colour glams up your eye look for when you're feeling more daring, it applies nicely and is a good constancy. It comes in 9 different shades, I only have the Violet one at the moment but I have my eye on the Sapphire to try out next. Definitely makes your eyes stand out and the range of colours work with any makeup look or sin colour. 



 


Mini Rose Gold Mirror

This technically isn't a makeup item but I use it for makeup application so I'm going to count if anyway. I purchased this adorable mirror quite recently from TKMax for £8, as soon as it caught my eye I knew I couldn't leave it. It's super cute and useful when I'm applying my makeup, it's double sided with a closer reflection as well as normal. It's perfect for anyone who wants to glam up their dressing table a bit as it also works as a cute tabletop decoration for a bit of extra sparkle. 




MAC Lipstick

I don't normally buy high end makeup but this is probably the most expensive makeup I'd purchase, but I treated myself last year to a rather daring colour of lipstick... A frosted designer blue. This was the start for me buying odd coloured lipstick. I love wearing it when I want to stand out from the crowd or when I'm feeling creative, it smells amazing and just looks incredible on your lips. It comes off your lips pretty easily but if you line and prep your lips it lasts much longer than if you just apply it straight to your mouth. It's a lovey smooth, creamy consistency that doesn't make your lips feel dry at all. If you're a makeup fanatic then you need at least one Mac lipstick in your collection. 





Collection Concealer

I have rather acne prone skin and I'm not a lover of foundation so the only type of coverage I usually use is concealer. This concealer is great for covering my horrible spots, blemishes and red eyes as it has great coverage and actually comes in a shade pale enough for my skin tone, and it stays put all day. It's also water resistant, extremely useful if you live in the rainy UK, and comes in 4 different shades. I use this product daily and have repurchased this product quite a few times and will most likely carry on using it unless I find something better.





I Heart Eye Shadow Palette Death by Chocolate 

This palette is obviously a dupe for the Too Faced chocolate eye shadow palettes but it's just as delicious. Similarly to the Too Faced palettes, it smells incredibly like chocolate and contains 16 beautiful neutral shades, perfect for day and night makeup looks. For only £8 it's incredible value for the product you receive, as it's incredibly easy to blend with a selection of matte and shimmery shadows to mix and match with each other. I've used this palette near enough every day as part of my makeup look, and if you can't afford high end makeup then I definitely recommend you grab yourself one of these, there's multiple ones to choose from. 




Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit 

This contour kit is amazing! It's small and compact to easily carry it around with you in your bag and the packaging is super sleek and looks more like a high end product than a highstreet brand. The product itself comes with a dark powder to carve out your cheekbones and jawline or wherever else you want to contour, and a lighter matte powder to highlight your brow bones, nose or cheekbones. The only problem I have with this product is that the colouring is quite warm and I prefer a cooler contour tone as it just makes my face look orange, so I have to be careful not too apply too much as once, but I still love the product all the same. 



Thank you for checking out my list of current favourite makeup items and I hope some of you have got a few more things on your makeup wishlist. Stay glamorous ladies. 

India X   

Comments

Popular Posts