Fantastic Beasts Review *No Spoilers*


*Doesn't contain spoilers for those of you who haven't seen it yet* 


As a massive Harry Potter fan, obviously I was incredible excited that 5 years after the Potter movies had ended, there was going to be more to the amazing franchise, a whole other series in fact and I could not wait to watch the very first installment of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. After months of waiting patiently for this new movie, on Saturday 26th of November I was finally seated at the cinema, bucket of popcorn in my hand, eager to watch what I was sure was going to be another life changing story. And I was spot on. 

Set in 1920's New York, this story of Newt Scamander and his case full of magical creatures is a breathtaking story, it's comedic, action-packed and completely magical. A whole new, shiny cast appears, including Academy award, Golden Globe award and BAFTA award winning actor Eddie Redmayne. He gives an enthusiastic, energetic, lovable feel to the character of Newt, winning over the audience within the first few minutes of his screen time. Newt and his new acquaintances have to find the missing magical creatures that escaped from his case before they cause a mass destruction to New York City and the No-Maj's that live there. But the beasts aren't the only problem in New York at the time of Newts arrival, as a dark force is looming in the air. 

What can I say about this movie? It's incredible! I've never been more excited for a movie since the last Harry Potter movie. I sat wide eyed and on the edge of my seat during the whole 2 hours and 13 minutes of the movie. Highly entertaining, lovable characters, an amazing cast, beautiful animation and incredible sets, this movie is perfect for everyone, even those of you who haven't seen the Harry Potter movies (incredibly rare but there are still some of you out there), thanks to the whole new story line, but it helps to understand some of the references made during the film. I can't wait for the DVD release of this movie so I an continue to enjoy every moment of it. 

Even with a fresh cast and a whole new location, this movie is still part of the magical Harry Potter universe, and I can't wait to see the next installment of Newt and his creatures. 

Thanks for reading my first ever movie review, sorry if it's not that amazing, it's my first try. 

India X 

Comments

Popular Posts