January Favourites


January has been a good month for finding new things to enjoy, whether it's makeup, clothes or music. Below is my January favourites list, I've also tried to link as much of it as possible to make it easier for you guys to find. Enjoy! 


Fashion & Beauty 

Lip lacquer - If you saw my favourite makeup blog post then you'll know I love the MUA velvet lip lacquer, and this month I've been loving the shade Dash. It's a dark nude/pink shade that completes most of my daytime makeup looks. 
Hand cream - Winter times means dry hands, so during the December sales I purchased the Zoella Hungry Hands hand cream. It's a great formula that keeps your hands soft and moisturized while making them smell incredible! I've been using it constantly during January to keep my hands protected from the drying weather. 
Blue hair dye - I dip died my hair aqua blue this month with Colour Freedom in the colour Tropical Aqua, and i'm literally loving it. Although it's only a semi-permanent dye, it's holding up fairly well, there's a noticeable amount of fading since i first applied it but as I have blonde hair it's stayed vibrant in the lighter areas. As someone who has experience with crazy coloured hair dyes, this is probably one of the best one's I've used from a drugstore.  
New Top - I'm adoring this new blouse I purchased this month from Divided at H&M. It's a black, long sleeved blouse made with slub cotton with a deep v neck with lacing all the way up to the neck. I love how it looks on, and even though it's been a cold month, I've managed to bare through whilst wearing this blouse because of how cute it looks on. 
New shoes - I've had my eye on these boots for months and was very pleased to see that this amazing pair of glow in the dark, skeleton Dr. Martens had gone down from £115 to £65! I've warn them nearly every day in January as they go with plenty of my clothes and lots of people have been complimenting me on them. As an avid Halloween lover, I knew I had to grab these as soon as possible, and I'm so glad I managed to catch them while on sale. 


Film, TV & Music 

Sherlock - I've only been watching Sherlock since the 3rd series aired but I've been obsessed ever since. I was very excited to hear that there would be three new episodes airing this year, as it had been a whole year since their incredible twist of a Christmas episode. As always I was not disappointing with this new season, I was practically sitting on the edge of my seat throughout all three episodes. I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't watched it but it's was an incredible series with lots of secrets and plot twists, highly recommend for everyone to watch. 
Arctic Monkeys Covering Drake- I've become a huge fan of Arctic Monkeys over the last year, so I haven't heard their entire discography, but early this month I was just scrolling around Youtube and came across a cover of the Drake song 'Hold on, we're going home' by Arctic Monkeys'. I clicked on it not really knowing what to expect from this cover, but I was pleasantly pleased with what I heard, they managed to turn a quite typical pop song into a classic sounding Arctic Monkeys tune, I've had it on repeat ever since I first listened to it. 
Jessica Jones - It's been a whole year since I first binge watched Marvels Jessica Jones, so I decided it was time to re-watch this awesome series, and I loved it just as much as the first time. Everything about Jessica Jones is exciting, the story, the characters, the relationships, I thoroughly enjoyed re-watching this Netflix series, hopefully i'll be moving on to watch the new series of Luke Cage next. 
Castle on the hill - Everyone must have heard this new banger by good old Ed Sheeran. In true Ed fashion he came back with a bang, with classic story-telling aspects about the song and his country guitar, reminding us all of the old Ed we know and love.I prefer this single because of this very reason, however I like his other single 'Shape of you' as well but it doesn't hit home quite like 'Castle on the Hill'.  
Night People - At the beginning of this month You Me At Six released their new album Night People, which I had been looking forward to ever since they released the first single for the album, 'Night People', back in August 2016. I listened to the full album as soon as it was released, and i'm pretty much blown away by how awesome it is. All the songs are amazing, it has amazing vocals, riffs and for me personally tips their last album Cavalier Youth. It sounds dangerous and I love that! My favourite picks from this album probably have to be 'Plus One' and 'Make Your Move'. If you're into rock music then you definitely have to check this record out. 

Food 

Mr Toys Flying Wok Noodle Bar - This little noodle bar resides in Worthing, and ever since moving here I've wanted to check it out. Probably some of the tastiest takeout noodles I've ever eaten, you choose you're type of noodles, then your filling and then your sauce from only £5. They may not seem like much but they're incredibly filling and you have loads of choices to choose from. If you're ever around in Worthing or Chichester and you'e feeling hungry, you've got to check out this place. 
Water - Water. A simple yet effective substance. I always try and push myself to drink more water because lets face it who actually drinks the required 2 litres of water a day, because I certainly don't. However I am trying to drink a lot more then I normally would, swapping out other drink for a glass of cold water instead. I'm pretty thankful for water as it can do wonders to your body, skin and hair, so I've been loving a big glass of water this month to keep myself hydrated. 

Other 

Record Player - For Christmas I received a record player from my dad, a light blue Crosley Cruiser and I bloody love it, and my amazing boyfriend bought me two records to go along side it. I've been playing it constantly over the last month, the sound quality is supreme, it sounds right. It's small enough to put away or have on a tabletop, it's a gorgeous colour and it was super easy for me to bring back up to Uni with me. I'm hoping to buy some more records this year to add to my very small but mighty collection. 
ASDA Candle - Halloween 2015 I bought a candle from the home section of ASDA and the smell was just amazing, I had it lit the whole of autumn and winter and even purchased another. After summer left I totally forgot about that candle, until December last year where I was in my local ASDA just checking out the candles and remembered how amazing this Spiced Apple Candle smelled, so I had to grab myself two more. They make your room smell warm and spicy, very Christmasy, which is exactly what you need during the cold, dark days of January. 
Candy Crush - I know Candy Crush is an old game but when I found myself bored a few weeks ago I was just looking through my phone apps and decided to play some Candy Crush, which I never really cared much about, and now I just can't stop playing it. I'm only on level 54 and I keep finding myself swearing at my phone a lot but i'm still enjoying it. But it sucks when I run out of lives and have to wait 10-20 minutes for another one. 

Thanks for checking out my January Favourites guys! Come back next month for all the things i'm loving in February. 

India X 


Comments

Popular Posts