February Favourites



February has been quite an exciting month. Valentines Day, Pancake Day and cold winter days, equaling in me not going outside as much as normal, but that means lot of hot drinks and movies. I linked as many items as I could down below, hope you enjoy! 

Fashion & Beauty

Maybelline Matte & Poreless Foundation - So at the end of last month I ran out of my BB cream, but discovered that they not longer sell it, so i looked around for a new one, including this foundation, in shade 105, and I normally don't go for foundation I find it too heavy and there's hardly ever one that matches my pale skin, but this one looked to be a quite match. I tried it the next day and was pleased with how flawless it made my skin look and how it was light coverage enough to blend into my skin. I'll most definitely be purchasing this again.
Nars Soft Touch Shadow pencil - I was looking through some of the sale items at TKMax and I always see these Nars Shadow Pencils in there but this time it was INCREDIBLY heap so I snatched it right away. I believe the shade I got was 'Heat' (I can't find the exact one for sale online), It's a teal colour, which coincidentally matches the colour I dyed my hair so I've been wearing it a lot this month. It's a gorgeous colour and applies very nicely, the only problem is that is smudges quite easily and doesn't blend too well. 
New Skirt - Last week I was just checking out the shops and popped into New Look and saw the most amazing skirt ever! It's a long, netted black skirt, perfect for nights out or dressing up, plus it goes with nearly all my clothes so I just had to buy it. I'm looking forward to the summer when i'll probably be wearing it out every night. 
New Top - As I'm a what you would call an ex-emo kid, I loved, and still do love black studded things, and I remember seeing this top when I was about 15 years old and I recently saw it in a shop again and rather impulsivly deided to buy this incredible silver studded black bra top that I had seen 4 years ago. It also goes amazingly with the black skirt I talked about above. 
Metallic eyeliner - I always find Primark make up to actually be really decent for the price, including this metallic liquid eyeliner for only £2. I do like it but it's a very subtle metallic look, it's more like a dark grey eyeliner but in certain light it has gorgeous silver flecks in it. 

Film, TV & Music 

Dirty Laundry - This month All Time Low eleased their first single off their new album, the song is called 'Dirty Laundry' and at first I thought it sounded a little pop for All Time Low, but the more I listened to it the more it started to sound like the familiar band I know and love. I love the song, I love the video and I love the lyrics. I reccomend checking it out if you're into rock music, it may start pop but ends with a very punky vibe, and now i'm very excited for their album release in June. 
How to cake it - I started watching this Youtube channel called 'How To Cake It' and I personally have no interest in baking or cake decorating but the cakes in this video are absolutely incredible, I really enjoy watching these realisticly designed cakes come to life every week. 
The 100 - The fourth season of The 100 is finally out, and I'm excited! Although I haven't watched all the episodes that have aired yet, it's still just as exciting (and confusing) as the other seasons. I can;t wait to watch all these new episodes, and I hope to see some Bellarke action in this season, if you're in the fandom you'll know what  that means. 
Tom Felton - When I was 13 I was OBSESSED with Draco Malfoy and the actor who played him, Tom Felton. I remember he used to writ songs and post them on Youtube, and I listened to them all the time, so I listened to some of them again recently. They brought back so many memories of 13 year old me, and I still love listening to these original songs, so I put some onto my Spotify playlist so I can start listening to them again. One particular song that's my favourite is called 'Time Well Spent'

Food 

Hot chocolate - Since about Christmas I've been really into making hot chocolates, not just normal hot chocolates, I mean the whole shazam! Whipped ream and marshmallows, sprinkles and chocolate dust, totally perfect for all the cold February weather we've been having. I got a Starbucks set for Christmas, including coffee beans, a mug and a chocolate and a little shaker with chocolate dust for decorating the tops of coffees and hot chocolates etc. But I haven't just loved making them, I've also enjoyed buying them from various places over the last month as well. Hot chocolates are a perfect winter warm up. 

Strawberry cupcake green tea - I received a PG Tips strawberry cupcake flavoured green tea bag. I'm not the biggest fan of flavoured tea and such but I do like a cup of green or peppermint tea every now and then during the evening, and I was quite excited to try this very interesting tea flavour. To my surprise, it actually tasted like a strawberry cupcake with an aftertaste of green tea, and i really enjoyed it. If you're into flavoured tea then I highly suggest trying this green tea. 


Other 

Pinterest - I've had Pinterest for a few years now, but over the last couple of months I've been a lot more interested in it. I've been making new boards and trying to make the pins as useful as possible and I've overall been enjoying it more than I ever had. I've also been making lots of secret boards for uni work to help me save pictures and inspiration for my work books. I always like following new people and boards and I always discover something new on Pinterest. 



Comments

Popular Posts