Tattoos



I recently got two new tattoos, and I was thinking that maybe I should write a little blog post about them. I've wanted tattoos forever and spent years deciding what my fist tattoo would be. For about 4 years I was adamant that my first ink would be the Dark Mark from Harry Potter, and as much as I still want that tat, I decided against it being my first one. I had thousands of ideas between the age of 11 to 18, some of them I would still get, but some I would never think of getting, and some of them I got already. Thinking more about what really matters to me, my next idea for my first tattoo was some lyrics from an amazing song called 'Therapy' by All Time Low, 'Love yourself so no one has to' scrawled across my wrist was all I wanted, and up until 7 months before I turned 18 I was still planning on getting that, but then All Time Low released a new song. You know when a song perfectly describes you and your life, when you literally want to scream the lyrics and write them all over your body, 'Missing You' was that song. 

So on my 18th birthday, I finally got my first tattoo, and instead of the slightly disheartening lyrics I had originally planned, I got 'Don't lose your fight, kid' on my wrist. And quite recently I got two more, a Libra symbol on my finger, and an Arctic Monkeys tattoo on my other wrist. I'm happy with all of them and I always put thought into my ink, sometimes I can be a rather spontaneous, but not with tattoos. It's going to be on your skin forever, you have to make sure you love what you're putting on your body. 




One thing you may hate about your tattoo is the pain, I found my first one extremely bearable and only slightly painful at times, but my others were a little more painful than I remember. But the most irritating part is after you've got your tattoo. Itching, itching itching. Scabby, itchy, flaky, bumpy skin, you have to deal with this, without scratching it, and as much as you just want the flakes to fall off, it'll scar if you pick them. But if you can get through all this, you'll have perfect tats. 

You have to remember that if you love it and if you're happy with your tattoo, that is all that matters. If someone doesn't like tattoos, who cares, it's not on their skin forever. People get tattoos for a reason, they're putting art on their body, it's a reminder of someone or something, it's part of your body. 

But whatever you pick is going to be with you forever(excluding laser removal) so just be careful what you're putting on your body to show the world. 

India X 

Comments

Popular Posts