August favourites



It's been a while since I did a favourites post that I'd almost forgotten how to do one. You may notice that this is very similar to my last post about my recent purchases (obviously most things fall into both categories) so I do apologise if this seems familiar to you. Here are the things I have been loving throughout the month of August. 

Fashion & Beauty 

Anatomicals Face Masks - I had seen these face masks all over instagram this last month, so I had to try them for myself, as all the reviews I had seen had been positive. I purchased a pack of three Anatomicals Face The World face masks online from Superdrug, containing a mattifying mask, a mud mask and an anti-stress mask. 
So far I have only tried the deep cleansing mud mask but loved the result, my face felt great after, plus there was enough in the packed for about 2 uses (if you have a small face like me). I highly recommend these masks if you need a good face pamper.


Metamorphosis Bath Bomb -  I managed to get my hands on this gorgeous Metamorphosis bath bomb quite soon after it has been released, I had seen hardly any reviews or pictures of what it looks like, but this didn't stop me from buying it and I was not disappointed. The glittery, grey exterior is completely opposite to the pretty pink, yellow and orange tones the seep from the bubbling bath bomb. Apart from the amazing colours, the amazing scent of cinnamon and myrrh has made one of my favourite Lush smells. 


Nspa Pink Grapefruit & Raspberry Face Wipes - ASDA always have a bunch of Nspa products that I don't see anywhere else, and recently I was just browsing the beauty aisle and saw some Nspa Pink Grapefruit & Raspberry Face Wipes that I hadn't seen before. These wipes smell amazingly sweet and are gentle on your face, keeping your skin clean and refreshed, I loved them so much that I went back and bought another pack. 

Primark Nails - I hardly ever wear fake nails, because I find they're hard to fit onto my small nails and I much prefer plain coloured nails that sparkly patterns, which I most often see on fake nails. I did however purchase a pack of Primark French Tip False Nails for only £1 just to try them out, and was pleasantly surprised. The pack of 24 nails came in loads of different sizes, with enough to fit my tiny nails, and even enough for a friend to use as well. The only problem I found was that they scratched quite easily, but that's not gonna stop me from getting them again! 

Moon Glow Neon Green Eyeliner - I was checking out some reduced make up in ASDA and noticed a whole box full of festival/rave makeup all reduced to extremely cheap. After trying to decide what I actually needed rather than just wanted, I settled for a Neon Green Moon Glow Eyeliner. I love how bright this is, it's perfect for festivals or Halloween parties, I can't wait to experiment with it some ore.

Fishnet Tights -  Over the last year, Fishnet Tights have been a big fashion craze, being work under ripped jeans or just with skirts and dresses, and there are even fishnet socks. I bought some black fishnet tights a few months ago, but at the beginning of August, I purchased from Primark a red pair as I thought they were very different, as I normally only see black ones. So I've been loving rocking the fishnet tights look under my ripped jeans or with my summery dresses to grunge up my outfits.

Film, TV & Music 

Rick & Morty - Thanks to my boyfriend,Jack, being such a big fan of the show, I have recently been binge watching the adult science-fiction cartoon Rick and Morty with him. For those of you who haven't heard of this cartoon, it's basically an adult cartoon (like Family Guy) about a mad scientist Rick and his grandson Morty, who both go on Doctor Who like adventures together in space. I'm not the biggest fan of immature cartoons but this one isn't that bad, so if you like some adult comedy and aliens that look like genitals, you should check it out. 

Savage - A track called 'Savage' by Canadian singer Lights came out in August with Josh Dun (for those of you who don't know, he's the drummer for the band Twenty One Pilots) featured playing on the drums. Besides that one (although this very much sold the track to me before I even listened to it) reason, this gritty track has heavy electro-rock guitar and pounding drums along with some badass lyrics about a guy who clearly did her wrong. Incredible tune, I love everything about it, from the guitar riffs to the lyrics of a scorned-woman. 


Food

Peach Fanta - I had never tried any flavour of Fanta other than orange before, and I recently got a chance to try peach, pineapple and fruit punch flavour. The flavour that I loved the most was the Peach Fanta, and I loved it so much that I even kept the cute peach coloured can and turned it into a tin to keep on my dressing table. If you're from the UK, you should definitely try and get your hands of some of these amazing flavours. 

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts - As soon as I heard about these Brown Sugar Cinnamon pop-tarts I knew I had to try them because they simply sounded incredible, and I was not wrong. I've only had 3 or 4 different flavour pop-tarts but these were by  far the best ones (apart from me burning one of them, although it still tasted amazing. Very tasty and just a overall great little treat, especially with a warm festive/autumnal beverage. 

Other

Keyrings - I've always been a keyring junkie, you can honestly never have too many keyrings. I was recently in search for some new keyrings because I was bored of the ones I had on my keys, so I looked around for some keyrings at some small local shops. I managed to a handmade beaded keyring with my star sign, a mini drum and guitar keyring as well as a cute Cactus Keyring from a great little shop in my hometown, Margate. 

Mitchum Deodorant Stick - I bought this Mitchum Powder Fresh Antiperspirant & Deodorant Stick because I didn't want to spend lots of money on something to rub under my armpits, and my usual Dove stick wasn't in stock. However I am very pleased with this deodorant and am glad I purchased this one instead of any of the other stick deodorants. It's smooth and totally non-sticky with a fresh scent, which makes it absolutely perfect and I'm sure I'll be making this my regular deodorant. 

Comments

Popular Posts