September Favourites



Autumn is upon us and so is the start of a new term! Although I've been busy going back to Uni and unpacking from my long summer back home, this hasn't stopped me from trying out new products and rediscovering some old favourites too. Hope you enjoy!

India X 

Fashion & Beauty 

Revolution Midnight Unicorn Palette - I bought this Revolution Midnight Unicorn Palette nearly as soon as it came out because I had seen I had seen how stunning it was online and knew I needed it. This palette has 16 amazing colours, from a range of pinks, teals and purples, perfect unicorn colours. The product itself is great to use, with good pigmentation and easy to blend shadows, I'm excited to use this over the Halloween period. 

Berry Lipsticks - As it's now Autumn, it's the perfect time of year to get the dark berry shades back out, and I love a good berry lipstick. A couple of my favourites lip products to wear around Autumn are the Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick in Aubergine Kiss and Blackberry Fool and the Kylie Jenner SPice Lip Kit. 

Cat ears - I wear cat ears and other head accessories all year round, but when it stars getting towards Halloween, I like to wear them more often to get into the dressing up spirit. Over summer I purchased some black, wired cat ears as I had none quite like that, and since then I've been wearing them to jazz up my outfits, whether I'm going out drinking or just wanted to add something to my daily outfit. 

Shawn Menddes Signature - This unisex scent called Signature by Shawn Mendes is incredible. This floral, fruity, slightly woody fragrance is refreshing and sweet, and although it initially smelt very feminine to me, it has some mixed notes that can be worn by all. It smells just like my perfect perfume, sweet and fruity (it smells just like candy floss to me) as well as not smelling too childish, which I hate about some fruity scents. I will be buying a bottle soon enough. 

Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter - I've had this Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights for about a year, and use it regularly, but after changing my everyday makeup looks from summer to autumn, I wanted to use something other than the Revolution Rainbow Highlighter, which I used everyday throughout summer. The Golden Lights highlighter gives such a lovely,warm glow, and I love how you can make it subtle or literally pack it on and get a gorgeous glow. So glad that I rediscovered my love for this product. 

Garnier Moisture Bomb Moisturiser - Some time ago I got sent a few samples of the Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Super-Hydrating Day Moisturiser, and have only recently tried it out. This 3-in-1 moisturiser claims to be intensively hydrating, UV protection and makes wrinkles appear reduced. Although I haven't noticed the effects it has on any wrinkles, it most definitely is an all day hydrating moisturiser, and for that reason I'm currently loving this product. 

Film, TV and Music 

IT - So I (reluctantly) went to see the new movie adaptation of the horror novel IT by Stephen King at the beginning pf this month after never having seen the original mini-series or knowing much of what the story is about apart from a creepy clown. But after being partly terrified and partly thrilled by the movie, I decided to do some research into the original movies and the book, as it's honestly quite hard not to at this moment in time as there are so many Facebook posts and Youtube videos around the new movie. I have decided to watch the original with Tim Curry and possibly even read some of the novel, and am quite looking forward to the next chapter. 

The Last Of The Real Ones - This new song by Fall Out Boy, called The Last Of The Real Ones, is the third single released from their upcoming album, MANIA. So far this one has been my favourite of the three singles, also including Young & Menace and Champions, but I fund the video to be the weirdest (go check out all the videos, they have Llamas!). It's a fast-paced, pop rock love song, classic Fall Out Boy, but sounds so much newer than the old FOB love ballads. 

The Great British Bake Off - If you're not from Britain, then you probably won't know what The Great British Bake Off is, but for those who are from Britain, you're probably aware that it started again on Channel 4 a few weeks ago. I've been getting so much into it than other years I've watched, although I do miss Mary, Mel and Sue, but Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig do bring the comedy to the show, no one can replace Mary for me though. 


Food & Drink 

Candy Kittens Gourmet Sweets- Candy Kittens are a range of gourmet, gluten free sweets launched by Jamie Laing from Made In Chelsea. They use natural ingredients to get the colours and flavours, are shaped like a kittens head, and come in a cute, resealable bag for convenience. Although I have eaten these before, I recently bought myself a bag and remembered how good they were, my favourite are the Sour Watermelon 

Caffatteria Mokate Cafe latte American Brownie - I found a bag of this Mokate Cafe Latte American Brownie in Poundworld so decided to grab a bag to try. I didn't find it to my taste when I had made one using only this product, but when I had used a scoop with a spoonful of my normal coffee, I found it tasted more chocolaty than on it's own. I'm very much enjoying mixing it to get a creamy, chocolaty coffee when I want something sweet. 

Cupcakes - Obviously cupcakes aren't a new thing I've tried, but over summer I have gone to a local cafe called The Curious Cupcake Cafe, located in my hometown Margate. Along with some magnificent cupcakes, the cupcake cafe serve tea and coffee, breakfasts and lunches. I love going here because it's cheap, delicious and absolutely adorable, so if you like Instagram-ing cute, hipster cupcakes, this is the place for you. 


Other 

My Planner - As it's the beginning of a new academic year, everyone wants to get organised again for school or work, and i'm no different. I went out and got myself  a 2017/18 planner for Uni so I could keep track of when all my work was due and when I'll be going back home, so it's easier to plan what work needs to be done. My planner came from ASDA, it's small and simple, but I use sticky notes and coloured pens to make it more aesthetically pleasing to use and look at. 

FightList - FightList is an app where you have to name as many things from a certain topic whilst playing against another player, and whoever names the most wins. Topics include different boys and girls names, animals, movies, activities, countries and food, some answers only get you 1 point but the more obscure you're answer, you're more likely to get 2 or 3 points. I loved playing this but I ended up having to delete it due to my phone having crappy storage. 

Comments

Popular Posts