October Favourites



October has been a very busy month! With Halloween, my birthday and Uni deadlines, but that hasn't stopped me from loving a lot this month. After shopping trips to Brighton and having been gifted a lot of great things, here's the list of the best thing I've been loving this October. 

India X 

Fashion & Beauty 

Zoella Bake My Day Fragrance - So I'm starting the list with an old product, the Zoella Bake My Day Fragrance from the 2016 Zoella Christmas beauty range, but since it's Autumn I felt it was right to mention this great fragrance.  This sweet and warm scent smells absolutely delicious, just like freshly baked gingerbread and vanilla, with subtle notes of sweet cinnamon. This festive scent is just perfect for the autumnal and Christmas seasons, so I felt this fragrance was well worth a mention as it's all I've been wearing this month. 

New Shoes - So there's this gorgeous pair of Valentino Heels that every famous instagrammer seems to own, they're high and pointy with studded straps and patent and come in a variety of colours. Obviously I couldn't afford a £600 pair of shoes, so thank god that Primark released an extremely similar dupe for this glamorous shoe! 

Revolution Ghost Lights Highlighter - I knew as soon as I saw this I had to have it, and now that I do i'm so happy. This Revolution Ghost Lights Highlighter is so amazing, a super pigmented and beautiful iridescent shimmer with a purple shift, it look flipping incredible on your cheeks. I've worn this highlighter everyday since I nought it because it's so damn beautiful, I definitely recommend this to any highlighter junkie. 

Body Suit - October mean Halloween and that means that there's some great clothes around for those alternative people like me who loves Halloween all year round. H&M is one of the best shops to get Halloween inspired garments and I fell in love with this Mesh Skeleton Body Suit and went back the next day to grab myself one before it was gone. I've loved wearing this, it goes with so many of my clothes and i'm sure I will be wearing it all year. 

Green Hair - I love dying my hair regardless but it's even better when I hate a reason to dye my hair bright green, and that reason is called Halloween. This year I decided to go out as Beetlejuice and I wanted to go one step further than white face paint and a striped shirt and dyed my hair green as well. This is the finished look if anyone is interested, and of course I used my trusty Colour Freedom in Emerald Green to get my hair Beetlejuiced up for the night. 

Lush Halloween Products - Lush have some great products but they're especially incredible at Halloween and Christmas. I had to grab some good old favourites from Lush, like the Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar and the Pumpkin Bath Bomb and I have loooved using them in my baths, they just smell so amazing that it's hard not to feel warm and autumnal when using them. I also grabbed some early Christmas bath bombs while there as well. 


Film, TV & Music 

Wings Clipped - Late last month, a new track called 'Wings Clipped' was released, Featuring Avril Lavigne, Circa Survive frontman Anthony Green and production due Grey. It starts off with mellow guitar and finger snaps, then turns into a riff filled, glitchy voices and pounding drums. I love how different this is to both Avril and Anthony's normal sounds, but it totally works and I cannot get enough of it.

Happy Death Day - I thought this movie looks really good when I saw the trailer so I went to the Cinema to see Happy Death Day a couple weeks later and I absolutely loved it. I'm a big fan of horror-comedies as I hate actual horror movies so there needs to be some comic relief and this movie was literally spot on. It was some suspenseful moments as well as some hilarious moment and that is exactly why I loved it so much, in fact I loved it so much that I can't wait to watch it again on DVD. I recommend this movie if you want something original, scary and comical all in one. 


Food & Drink 

Innocent Smoothies - Around this time of year Innocent always team up with Age UK for The Big Knit, were little woollen hats are knitted to go atop the Innocent Smoothie bottle and 25p from each bottle goes to the charity Age UK. I adore the tiny little hats that are knitted for these bottles (I have 4 already) and it feel good knowing that the money is going to an important cause, keeping old people warm and comfortable this winter. 

Pumpkin Spiced Latte - So I have to confess that this was actually my first ever Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Starbucks! I know i'm extremely late on the bandwagon but I don't always like to follow the crowd, but finally decided to give in and try one. I gotta say it was a very nice latte, It's maybe not as incredible as everyone says it is but yeah I would drink another one, and for that reason it's good enough to go on my favourites list (and I didn't even post an insta of it). 

Bannoffee Caramel Digestives - I actually bought these McVities Bannoffee Caramel Digestives by accident as I didn't realize they said 'bannoffee' on the side until A went to buy my second packet. Although they don't have a very strong banana taste, they definitely do taste good with a slight banana-y aftertaste, so I guess they do live up to the label. They're just a nice snack to have if you want something more than a normal chocolate digestive.  


Other  

Pumpkins - Obviously because it'a Halloween you gotta be a little obsessed with pumpkins, but I absolutely adore the mini pumpkins you get, or as I like to call them Munchkin Pumpkins. These mixed squashes only seem to be around for a month or two and I simply live having all these tiny pumpkins in my room it just makes me feel so autumnal and ready for Halloween, although I really don;t know what to do with them now that Halloween is over, I just cannot bring myself to throw them away. 

Screamland - For my birthday celebration this year I went to a local theme park called Dreamland, who every October deck out the park with mazes and costumed actors and make Screamland. This year was my first year going, and the 6 of us absolutely loved it. The rides were great as always, the mazes were scary and there was such a spooky, Halloweeny atmosphere, I cannot wait to go back again next October. One problem I found was waiting in the queues for so long and not having enough time to get to every ride, which calls for fast-track tickets next year. 

Comments

Popular Posts