My Top 10 Songs of 2017



I did a top 10 songs of 2016 in February, when I had first started my blog (click here if you wanna check that out!), so I felt it right to do a top 10 songs of 2017, but this time I'll actually do it at the end of the year. Hope you enjoy having a little look into my music taste and what I've been really loving this year; I've also included my 'honorable mentions' that didn't quite make my top 10, but are still worth a good listen. Everything is linked so you can check out any of the tunes you want! 

India X 

Wings Clipped - Grey, Featuring Avril Lavigne and Anthony Green 

Avril Lavigne is just my favourite person ever, so I was very pleased when this track by Grey was released with Avril Lavigne and Anthony Green doing the vocals. I like that it's a little different, it's mellow but has some amazing riffs and glitchy, electronic sounds, and I've played it on repeat a lot over the last few months. 

Hard Times - Paramore 

Paramore always seem to impress me. Although they've mellowed down for their last album 'After Laughter', that hasn't stopped their music sounding extremely badass and quickly becoming another great Paramore Anthem. I love everything about this song, and I love the music video; it's extremely aesthetical with pastels and cartoon squiggles and the beautiful Hayley Williams. 

Nice2KnoU - All Time Low 

All Time Lows 7th album was released earlier this year with some incredible tunes! Although 'Last Young Renegade' isn't my favourite album of theirs, there are still some incredible songs, like Nice2KnoU, which to me sounds like a classic pop punk, old school All Time Low song, which is probably why I love it so much. Again, this tune has a great music video. 

There's Nothing Holding Me Back - Shawn Mendes 

I love Shawn Mendes' music, but this song is just great. The video for this was actually filmed right near my hometown in Thanet, which is quite exciting. But yeahh Shawn Mendes is one of my favourite artists of the last couple of years, and this tune is a banger. 

Savage - Lights 

I love this track, it was pretty much sold to me before I had even heard it, mostly because it features Josh Dun, the drummer of Twenty One Pilots, and that gave me high expectation for this track, which were definitely met upon hearing it. It's very gritty and heavy with some great drums and guitar, and some powerful lyrics. 

When We Were You (Cover) - Andy Biersack & Juliet Simms 

This is a cover of the Adele song 'When We Were Young' but the cover is way better, because it's sung by Andy Biersack and his wife Juliet Simms. I don't know why I like it so much, but I do, which means it's definitely going onto my top 10 songs of the year. 

Brand New Moves - Hey Violet 

I only discovered the band Hey Violet a little while ago, but I think I like them quite a lot. Out of the all the songs of theirs I've listened to, Brand New Moves is definitely my favourite one. It's funky and up beat, and great to listen to on repeat (that rhymed :p). 

Attention - Charlie Puth 

This song is quite raw, and has some great bass, perfect for listening to on full volume with headphones in. The vocals and beat are just great in this song, and really builds up to an epic chorus, with some awesome lyrics about emotions you may feel in a relationship. You should just give it a little listen. 

Miracle Aligner - The Last Shadow Puppets 

The Last Shadow Puppets is another band I recently discovered (due to my love of Arctic Monkeys, I don't know how I had never listened to TLSP when Alex Turner is the frontman.) It's a good song, I love nearly everything that Alex Turner produces, this one is just a banger. 

The Last Of The Real Ones - Fall Out Boy 

This Fall Out Boy track is my favourite one they've released this year from their album MANIA. It's fast-paced with some classic pop rock, Fall Out Boy vibes, and some newish sounds as well, but I love it.

Honorable Mentions 

Here are a few of the tracks that didn't manage to make it to the top 10, but I still love them and they deserved a mention anyway. Go have a listen to some of them. 

Drugs & Candy - All Time Low
Money For Nothing - Dire Straight
Idle Worship - Paramore
Look What You Made Me Do - Taylor Swift
7 - Catfish & The Bottlemen
Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran
Green Light - Lorde
There For You - Troy Sivan & Martin Garrix
Last Young Renegade - All Time Low




Comments

Popular Posts