December Favourites




December! The month of Christmas and food and presents, one of the best months of the year. It's been a busy month for me, with uni and buying presents and travelling and seeing friends, but I've still managed to write up my monthly favourites blog post. I hope you all have had a great month and a fab Christmas and New Year, and hope you enjoy looking through my list of things I've been loving through December. 

Fashion & Beauty 

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer in Reckless - It's the season of red lips! Of course I'll be rocking a festive red lip through most of this month with my favourite red liquid lipstick, the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer in Reckless. It lasts all day and night, it's amazingly pigmented and it's just such a gorgeous shade bright red, absolutely perfect for all your Christmas party looks. 

Pink Blusher - When it's winter, I really like to wear pink blush on my cheeks, because I feel like it gives you a naturally flushed look like you've been out in the cold, unlike when you wear it summer and it just makes you look like a hot mess. I like to use the Revolution Ultra Blush Sugar & Spice Palette because It has lots of different colours to suit different skin tones and create a beautiful flushed look. 

Adidas Ultrastar 80s - For my birthday a couple months ago, my best friend let me pick a pair of shoes for my birthday for her to buy me, and while in Brighton, I picked a pair of Adidas Ultrastar 80s. I'm not really a trainer person, I'm not the kind of person that spends hours in JD Sport trying to pick the best pair of Nikes, but I actually really like these trainers. They're black and white, with the classic Superstar stripes on the side, and they're very comfortable, which I like because who wants to wear uncomfortable shoes all day. I've been wearing them a lot over the last two months. 

ASOS Advent Calendar - Both this year and last year I got a 'beauty' advent calendar, and this year I got the ASOS Beauty Advent Calendar, which had so many incredible products in, like a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, 111Skin Gold Brightening Sheet Mask and a Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Serum. I've really enjoyed testing things from this advent calendar and can't wait to try out the rest of them. 


Film, TV & Music 

Christmas Movies - December is the only acceptable time of year to binge watch all your favourite Christmas movies, so that's exactly what I've been doing. I've been watching some old childhood favourites, like Olive the Other Reindeer, and some new ones I love, like Arthur Christmas, and I still have so many more to watch, like Love Actually and The Grinch. Not to mention I've been watching all the Harry Potter movies as well, because there's no better time to do that than in December. 

Baby, It's Cold Outside - So Avril Lavigne has been MIA for a while, so anything new that she does just totally excites me. For Christmas, Avril Lavigne and Jonny Blu released a cover of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' and yup I've been playing it a lot, as it's December I probably wont get to listen to it for another year.

Pitch Perfect 3 - I managed to see Pitch Perfect 3 this month after waiting to see it since the first trailer was released in summer, and it was just as good ans I hoped it would be. I thought the first two were hilarious and knew the third one would be just as funny and still be packed with loads of great acapella tunes, my favourite one from this movie was their cover of Toxic by Britney Spears. 

Food & Drink 

Mini Candy Canes - I love candy canes at Christmas, so I like to buy loads, not just to eat for myself, but to tape onto other peoples presents and stick into stockings, stuff like that. I bought a pack of 30 Mini Candy Canes from Poundland because I thought they were really cute and useful to have around Christmas. If you like to keep things festive and hand out little Christmassy favours to people, i'd recommend giving them some mini candy canes, or at least a full sized one. 

Lima Vodka - I really like vodka, and I really like lime flavoured things, and I also like miniature things, so naturally I LOVE this  Absolut vodka mini gift set that my best friend gifted me, but I particularly love the Lime flavoured Vodka. I love citrusy flavoured drinks and this went down a charm in a glass of Coke. 

Other 

Blogging - I've really enjoyed writing and planning blog posts this months, normally I just kind of think of something to write about whenever I can, but throughout this month I planned all my blog posts ahead of time and took my blog photographs I advance as well. I feel way more satisfied and organised when I have blog posts planned out. 

Yankee Candle Candy Cane Forest - Not that I need any more candles, but I bought some Christmas scented candles, and I've never bought a minty scented candle before, and I loved the smell of this Candy Cane Forest Yankee Candle. I love how different it is to other festive candles, it's cool and fresh and sweet and smells just like peppermint candy canes. I adore this heavenly, minty candle and wish it was appropriate to burn it all year round, but unfortunately it's only available at Christmas. 

Christmas Cactus - Normally around Christmas, I like to buy a mini Christmas tree just to have in my room, but this year I decided against it as I was only going to be there for a couple weeks before I was going back home, and I didn@ct want to take it back with me, and didn't want to leave it to die in my room. So in Wilko one day, i was just having a quick look at the festive plants, and I saw the most amazing 'Christmas Cactus', which was just an ordinary cactus with a Santa hat, googly eyes and a beard stuck on, and I had to buy it straight away. I think this is even better than buying a mini Christmas tree, and I can just keep the cactus after and put it with my other ones. 


Comments

Popular Posts