March Favourites 2018



March was a strange month; half the days were lovely and warm and it almost felt like summer, but some days there were strong winds and snow storms. I've had a lot of stressful days but also some great days and I'm kind of glad that March is over, but I fell in love with a lot of new things this and enjoyed so much this month that I have to share with you. 

Fashion & Beauty 

Maybelline Lash Sensation Luscious - I've been using a mascaras with bristled wands lately so when I bought the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara and started using a plastic wand again I fell back in love with it. I found it so much easier to apply the product to my lashes and it definitely doesn't clump my lashes together as much as a bristled wand. The product is infused with oil which makes it a very smooth consistency and extremely easy to apply to every eyelash from root to tip. 

Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser - I chose this Simple Oil Balancing moisturiser instead of my usual Simple Kind to SKin Day Cream because i'd never seen it before and wanted to give it a try. I've found after using it for a few weeks it has really  made a difference to my skin, I've noticed less shine on my face when wearing make up and my skin feels so soft and hydrated. It absolutely helps mattify your face and control shining, I really love using this moisturiser and I will 100% be buying this again when I've ran out.

Lush Easter Products - Seasonal Lush products are always the best, and even though Valentines and Easter Lush products are never as good as Halloween and Christmas products, I still love them. I am currently really loving the Free Rangers Bath Bomb and the Cream Egg Bubble Bar, which both smell amazing and make me is mint chocolate scented, while Free Rangers is a two piece bath bomb that smells fruity with blackcurrent and bergamot oil. I also love the Bunch of Carrots Bubble Bar but didn't buy myself one this year. 

Batiste Rose Gold Dry Shampoo - Dry shampoo is one of my life savers and I don't think I'd be able to live without it some days. I was stocking up on dry shampoo a couple of weeks ago and saw a Batiste Rose Gold dry shampoo which I'd never tried before, so thought I'd try it out. Obviously it works the same as every other Batiste dry shampoo I've used, but I think it's one of my favourite smelling ones; it's very fresh and light and subtle, as I find some dry shampoo smells sort of strong and overpowering. It's a lovely scent for the spring and makes my hair smell delish. 

The Ritual of Sakura Magic Touch Body Cream - This body cream is one of the best I've ever used, and I've used a lot of different body products. This body cream is so silky smooth and I noticed a difference in my skin almost instantaneously, I applied it to some dry parts of my skin and it definitely made my skin feel nourished and moisturised and incredibly smooth. The blend of organic rice milk and cherry blossom make this cream rich and vitamin E helps to strengthen skin, plus the cherry blossom gives this cream a beautifully light and sweet scent. 

Denim Jacket - I've always though of denim jackets as a staple spring fashion item, a good transitioning layer when it's too warm outside for your winter coat but still not warm enough to go jacketless. I finally purchased myself a spring denim jacket, after telling myself for the last couple of springs that I need one in my wardrobe. I Purchased it in Primark, after trying on about 100, trying to find the right shade, fit and size, as the rails are always a bit messy in the Brighton Primark. I'm loving wearing this jacket and making all my dark winter outfits look a little more spring. 


Film, TV & Music 

Absolutely Fabulous - So this month instead of re-watching all 10 seasons of Friends again, I binge watched Absolutely Fabulous on Netflix. I've loved this show for ages but I'd never binge watched them before, so I felt I had to waste a couple of days watching all 5 seasons and special episodes non stop. I felt kind of nostalgic while watching it and I realised how much I love the duo of Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley and just adore the characters they play together. I might have to have another cheeky binge of this show before the year is out. 

In My Blood by Shawn Mendes - Finally Shawn Mendes has released a new track and announced his next album. This raw tune starts soft and acoustic, but the chorus is defiant and intense, with raised vocals and throbbing guitars. Shawn's intentions was to sound more 'rock' and I think he's hit that in this new song, much more real and raw that his previous music. I am really loving this track as well as Shawn's other new single 'Lost In Japan', they're both the songs I find myself playing first when I open Spotify. 


Food & Drink

Lotus Biscoff Spread - I LOVE the Lotus Biscoff biscuits so I had to try this spread, and OMG it is so yummy, I've already eaten the majority of it out of the jar with a spoon (oops). I tried spreading it on a few things, which was tasty but it is very sweet so I find it a little too much to have on toast or crumpets or anything. Although it's so delicious, I think I'll just stick to eating little spoonfuls from out of the jar. 

Drumstick Squashes Bubblegum - I'd seen these Drumstick squashes around for a while but while I was shopping I saw some bubblegum flavoured ones, and I have a little soft spot for anything bubblegum so obviously I bought myself a bag. They are very yummy, and I don't normally enjoy sweets, but I bought a few packs of these this month. 

Other 

All Time Low Last Young Renegade Tour - This month I got to see my favourite band, All Time Low, play in London again at Alexandra Palace. It was an incredible night that I'd been waiting months for, and I'm still feeling that post concert buzz from being there. They played two sets, one for their 10 year anniversary for their album So Wrong It's Right, and then another full set with songs from their newest album, Last Young Renegade. It was just the best night and I had a really good weekend staying in London and seeing them play again. 





I hope you enjoyed reading my March favourites!

India X 

Comments

Popular Posts